Christmas in Bethel will take place Sunday, Dec. 6.
While some changes have been made due to COVID-19, there will still be things for people to enjoy.
The use of masks and social distancing is encouraged. There will be hand washing and sanitizer available.
• Fest Hall Restaurant – Serving choice of German or American plated meal from 11am to 2pm (no smorgasbord this year). Enjoy cookies and drinking custard with your meal, or purchase separately. Serving soup and sandwiches throughout the day.
• Food Stand – Candied Pecans, Hot Cocoa and Cider, Funnel Cakes, and other Christmas Goodies from 11 a.m. to 4:30pm.
• Das Bakery – Homemade Donuts, Pies, Cinnamon Rolls, and Pastries
VENDORS & ACTIVITIES IN THE COLONY BARN & OUTSIDE
We’ll be heating the Barn, so it should be comfortable no matter what the weather!
- Santa & Mrs. Claus Arrive at Noon. Along with traditional “Black Santa” they will greet the children (using COVID precautions) and hand out treats.
• Live Christmas Music by Steve Cress
• Candy Cane Hunt for Kids at 12:30pm
• Shopping: Over 20 vendors in the Colony Barn, plus Decades Olde, Colony Market, Schnickschnack and other shops in town, 11 a.m. to 4:30pm
• Children’s Crafts and Shopping in Decades Olde
COLONY WALKING HOME TOUR, 2PM
• Purchase $10 tickets at the Gift Shop beginning at 11 a.m. Guided walking tour (masks required) begins at 2pm and includes Fannie Haus, Smokehouse (new), JG Bauer and the Colony Museum.
VESPER SERVICE & CANDLELIGHT WALK
• Vespers – 5 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, followed by a candlelight walk to the Historic Bandstand for the official lighting of Bethel.
• Soup and Sandwiches at the Fest Hall ($5) following the lighting