Becoming A Member of Chamber of Commerce
A Chamber of Commerce is a form of business network, e.g., a local organization of businesses whose goal is to further the interests of businesses. Business owners in towns and cities form these local societies to advocate on behalf of the business community.
Shelby County is looking to establish a Chamber of Commerce. An informational meeting is scheduled for Monday, March 28, 2022, at the Clarence City Hall (old elementary building) at 6:30 p.m. All are welcome to attend.
Benefits of joining:
– Visibility: Stand out and get noticed in your community.
– Networking: It’s not just who you know, it’s who others know. Networking is powerful.
– Credibility: Raise your reputation through membership
– Have a Voice: Serve as a voice for the local business owners and industries
– Learning: Exclusive training opportunities on a variety of topics
– Better insurance rates
Local businesses are the members that elect a board of directors and/or executive council to set policy for the chambers. The goal of a Chamber is to improve the commerce: first, it acts as a spokesman for the business and professional community and translates the group thinking of its members into action; secondly, it renders a specific product of services type that can be most effectively be beneficial by a community organization and to its members as a whole.