Judge Frederick Tucker Issues Order Pertaining to Shelby County Courthouse
IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF SHELBY COUNTY, STATE OF MISSOURI
IN RE: COVID-19
WHEREAS, the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention have declared that the outbreak of COVID-19 is a worldwide pandemic;
WHEREAS,the Missouri Supreme Court has instructed courts in this state to “prepare for potential infection in their community”;
WHEREAS, the Missouri Supreme Court has directed its courts to “consider strategies to prevent the spread of respiratory germs into, within, and between facilities.”
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED, effective Monday, March 16, 2020, and until further order of this Court, that: The following persons shall not enter the Shelby County courthouse, or any of its Divisions in Shelby County, Missouri:
- Persons who have traveled to any foreign country within the last 14 days;
- Persons who reside or have had close contact with someone who has traveled to any foreign country within the last 14 days;
- Persons who have been asked to self-quarantine by any doctor, hospital, or health agency;
- Persons who have been diagnosed with, or have had contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-10; and
- Persons with unexplained fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
Anyone attempting to enter in violation of these protocols will be denied entry by a Court Security Officer. Individuals not authorized to enter the premises because of the restrictions listed above are provided the following contact information to have remote access to the administration of justice.
If you have a scheduled appointment or you are otherwise required to appear at one of the offices or divisions of this courthouse in Shelby County, Missouri, and you are unable to appear because of the restrictions listed above, you should proceed as follows:
- If you are represented by an attorney, please call you attorney;
- If you are an attorney scheduled to appear in Court before a Circuit or Associate Circuit Judge, please contact the Circuit Clerk’s Office at 573-633-2151 or contact the Court’s website at courts.mo.govfor chambers contact information;
- If you need information about the status of your case, please consult Case.net or contact the Circuit Clerk’s Office at 573-633-2151;
- If you are a prospective Juror, please contact the Jury Commissioner at 573-633-2151;
- If you are seeking an Order of Protection regarding adult/child abuse, please contact the Circuit Clerk’s Office at 573-633-2151;
- If you are scheduled to meet with a Probation Officer, please contact the Macon County Probation and Parole Office at 660-385-5731 or American Court Services at 660-385-7059;
- For Shelby County Prosecuting Attorney matters, please contact the Shelby County Prosecuting Attorney at 573-633-2131;
- For Public Defender matters, please contact the Missouri Public Defender at 573-248-2430;
- For Shelby County Sheriff’s matters, please call the main line at 573-633-2161;
These restrictions will remain in place temporarily until it is determined to be safe to remove them. People who think they may have been exposed to COVID-19 should contact their healthcare provider immediately.
If you have any questions as to this Administrative Order, please contact the Clerk of the Court, Rose Shively, at 573-633-2151.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
March 16, 2020
/s/ Frederick Tucker