CLOSED Route N Shelby County Due To Flooding
If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
HANNIBAL – Route N in Shelby County is closed at the North Fork Salt River due to flooding.
Floodwaters can be deeper than they appear and can hide such hazards as sharp objects, electrical wires, sewage and chemicals. There’s a possibility that the road that was once where the water is no longer exists. Even the best four-wheel-drive vehicle will lose against rapidly moving water and no traction.
For your own safety and the safety of everyone in your vehicle, please take heed of these lifesaving tips:
- Don’t drive through flooded areas. Taking extra time to drive a detour sure beats running out of it.
- Less than six inches of water can turn your car into a poorly engineered canoe, with no ability to slow down, steer…or float.
- When you see water over the roadway, assume that the roadway below it is either damaged or destroyed.
- Your driving headlights should be turned on whenever you are using your windshield wipers. It’s the law!
- Reduce your speed for the conditions.
- Turn Around! Don’t Drown!
To find out about roads closed to flooding, MoDOT reminds all motorists to check on current road conditions in their areas and on their routes by consulting MoDOT’s Traveler Information Map at traveler.modot.org, or through MoDOT’s smartphone app, available for iPhone and Android mobile devices.